ADVANTAGES OF INSURANCE TO BUSINESS
Different sizes and scales of businesses require protection against future losses. It is nearly unthinkable to business venture not to be insured. Insuring your business helps a great in presenting a pleasant image, goodwill, and reputations to customers, investors, and suppliers. We shall divulge some of these immense advantages accorded to business insurance.
ALSO READ: Benefits Of Marine Insurance
- 1. Security and Safety: It gives a sense of security and safety to the businessman. It enables him to receive compensation against actual loss. He can concentrate on his business with a secure feeling that in case of losses arising from insurable risk, his losses will be compensated. With the headache of huge loss and failure partly dealt with, energy could be channeled into business, this will help the organization to achieve its goals and objectives with rapt focus.
- Distribution of risk: Risk in insurance is spread over a number of people rather being concentrated on a single individual. One person does not have to bear the brunt and weight of the losses alone.
- Normally expected profit: An insured trader can enjoy a normal margin of profit all the time. He is protected from unexpected losses because of insurance. These profits are the gains of having an insurance package.
- Easy to get loans: A trader can get bank loans easily if his stock or property is insured, as insurance provides a sense of security to the lenders. Businesses that are insured have a “loan edge” over those that are not insured.
- Advantages of Specialization: Businessmen can concentrate on their business activities without spending more time on safeguarding their property. The insurance companies, on the other hand, can provide specialized insurance services. These specializations lead to increases in productivity, effectiveness, and efficiency.
- Development of Social Sectors: Insurance funds are available for economic development particularly for the development of social sectors. Especially for a developing country like India, insurance funds are an important source for investing in infrastructure projects (roads, power, water supply, telecom etc.).
- Social cooperation: The burden of loss is shouldered by so many persons. Thus, insurance provides a form of social cooperation.
- Liability: If a customer slips and falls while on your business premises or your product has a defect that injures a customer and you do not have insurance, this could spell the end of your business. If a company car is involved in an accident and someone is injured, that could be disastrous as well. Business liability insurance covers accidents that occur on the business premises, product defects and mishaps that occur during normal business operations on and off premises.
- Theft: A new business is a big target for thieves. New computers, furniture, and other office equipment are worth more at a pawn or chop shop than older equipment. Even older businesses that have just undergone renovations and upgrades are a target. Replacement insurance protects a business in the event equipment is stolen, replacing the missing items and paying for repairs from damage caused by the invasion.
- Catastrophic Loss: Business insurance protects a business from closing due to a catastrophic loss. Fires, floods, hurricanes, and tornadoes have been the end of many businesses in Texas, as elsewhere. When a company carries insurance against these types of losses, closure and loss are only temporary instead of permanent. Companies should always consider business interruption insurance, a rider on their business insurance policy, to ensure continued cash flow for the duration of a closure due to a natural disaster.
ALSO READ: ADVANTAGES OF INSURANCE TO INDIVIDUALS
In order for a business to remain relevant and competitive in today’s world, it is actually important to insure your enterprise in order to mitigate future losses.